Here’s the second piece from Wednesday’s class on creating textures and fixing problem areas. The instructions were a rock with grasses in front and lots of green behind, letting rich colors run in the background.
I posted a picture below of what it looked like when I came home. The rock was floating, flat bottomed like some weird space hovering. I didn’t like the grasses. I can’t wrap my head around yet how to negatively paint the tops of grasses to get them to be thin blades, and I liked some colors in the mixing but the blues were too prominent and separated in the forest.So I did some scrubbing out of edges with a coarse hair cheaper acrylic brush that I cut down to make a stiff ridge, painted down over the tops of the grasses and then pulled up with a palette knife to get the grasses I wanted. added more color in the background, tried to create masses of bushes/trees with spattering of water, etc.
While I wish that I had gotten this look earlier on so that it looked fresher and less worked, I’m glad I rescued it. I’d love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for visiting.