It’s been quite chilly here this past week and looks to continue for a few days. Our little dog doesn’t want to stay out long at the dog park, so figuring she needed a sweater, I went to the store. Nothing seemed warm enough, nothing in wool, and frankly the stock was depleted. not knowing if she would tolerate one on, I decided why not? There’s a patriots game on, and I can do some knitting. I found a french press cover that I’d made early on in my knitting life (not that I’m too far along now but still) and it was too big so I put it away. I got it out, it fit around her body perfectly, so I picked up stitches in the middle of the one side, knitted up to make the top back portion and made a tab to go around her head. 2 1/2 hours later she was sporting a new sweater! and she likes it, she really likes it! I’m thrilled. it was fun making up my own pattern, I took notes as I went, just to keep track of what I did. so here are pics of our little Tulie girl styling….
You can see how my tension has improved, not so loose a knitter any more, and the part I added, I did in continental which I’m trying to get as comfortable with as american. When I “throw” the yarn too much, I can feel my shoulder isn’t happy with all that extra movement.